Wednesday, July 20, 2011

nails: black cherry




This is Rimmel I ♥ Lasting Finish in Black Cherry. The name is perfect: it's a lovely dark reddy-purple. I've shied away from very dark colours before because they can look cheap and trashy. Not that that's always a bad thing: I spent much of my teenage years trying to look cheap and trashy. But I'm too old for chipped black nailpolish now, I think. Very dark colours really need to be worn carefully to look elegant.


It isn't quite as nice to apply as the other Rimmel polishes I've tried; I don't know if that's because of the dark colour or the fact that it's Rimmel's cheapest line, but the polish is very thick and you need to wait a long time between coats to make sure it doesn't go gooey. Still, I wore this colour twice in a row, which I almost never do.


Note: this was taken in the late afternoon on a winter's day in June. I guess sometimes living in Perth isn't all bad.

3 comments:

dempss01 said...

I love dark nailpolish! This is a lovely colour - I can't go past a good dark red or purple. If you like these 'jewel tones', you may like Barry M's Racing Green too. I think you can pick it up on Ebay for about $5 :)

Suzanne said...

that silver I have is part of the I heart lasting finish line, and I don't think it has quality problems at all. Maybe you got an older bottle? My beloved OPI shatter is starting to go a little bit strange and I think that's why :(

Jessica McLeod said...

Sarah: I have not been brave enough to try green nailpolish yet, but I'll get there eventually!

Suzanne: I hear that putting a few drops of nailpolish remover in the bottle can make it less gluggy? I might try that...