Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#beautifulinsideandout week 3

 image via Cutest Food

My goals for last week were:
  • Exercise three times a week for at least 30 minutes
  • Record calories eaten
  • Cut out lollies and sugary drinks
How did I do?

Pretty good!

I exercised five times (Pilates for an hour, dancing for 90 minutes, and walking for 30 minutes three times)! It felt great to get moving more, and I am definitely feeling fitter.

I recorded my calories every day except Saturday. I've found it easy to keep track on weekday because I'm at my desk all day, but I try to stay off the computer on the weekends. I need to make an effort on weekends, though, because that's when the tempting food is around!

I stayed away from lollies by chewing sugarless gum after every meal-- I find that it really takes the craving away. It was pretty painless to cut out soft drinks.

Grade: A

This week I'm updating my goals:
  • Exercise four times a week for at least 30 minutes
  • Record calories eaten
  • Cut out lollies and sugary drinks 
  • Eat home-cooked meals 5 days a week
  • No deep-fried foods
We've been eating out way too much lately, which is expensive and can be unhealthy (or at the least calorie-dense). I put home-cooked to include visiting family. Cutting out deep-fried foods is a no-brainer: I have to stay away from chips! And I'm increasing my exercise amount to 4 times a week.

1 comment:

dempss01 said...

This sounds great! What an amazing week you've had! That certainly sounds like a lot of exercise. How are the new pants working out? ;)

It's so easy to get into the habit of eating out on weeknights - I was terrible for that when I was working! Saves so much money making food at home though.

I'm still trying hard with the no-sugar thing. I have honey on my porridge in the morning (still sugar, but at least it has some vitamins!), natural, full fat yoghurt with crushed whole grains and a *little* honey or fruit as a snack, and my usual rotation of salads with lots of protein for lunch and tea. I actually picked up some pistachios and mixed fruit and nuts yesterday as another snack to have on hand. I'll see how it works out. It's so hard for me to get off the sugar, but I'll keep at it :)